12 March 2010
For further information please contact
telephone: +44(0)207 877 7520 / email: email@example.com / 07659 145 095 (out of hours)
A day out with Lindsay Lohan in Los Angeles is currently being auctioned on ebay and will be sold to the highest bidder to raise money for the British Red Cross Haiti Earthquake Appeal. The lot includes four nights at the five-star Peninsula Hotel in Beverley Hills and a day of lunch and shopping with the actress in Los Angeles.
Visit ebay auction: http://tiny.cc/PWFZy
Lindsay Lohan and Altitude London have teamed up to raise money and support those affected by the earthquake in Haiti. The partnership started with a fundraising event on 16 February 2010
(watch the video here: http://tiny.cc/IBS1r) and now continues with an auction of superb prizes on ebay.
Mark Astarita, British Red Cross director of fundraising, said:
“A big thank you to Lindsay Lohan and Altitude London for raising so much money at the iRock4Haiti fundraiser and now arranging such fabulous ebay auction prizes. All the money raised will be used by the British Red Cross to fund work in Haiti. Red Cross staff and volunteers have been in Haiti since the earthquake struck and are committed to being there long term. There are many, many people in Haiti who still need help, so bid for one or more of these prizes today and help raise crucially needed funds.”
Other auction lots include:
• A Ford Crown Victoria NYPD police car used in the latest Lindsay Lohan photo shoot. The car is signed by the actress and comes with a photograph of her and the police car
• A day return trip to Paris for four in an Embraer Phenom 100 jet. The trip includes lunch at a top Parisian restaurant
• A private filming and drinks reception for 300 people at Millbank Cinema in Westminster, London showing a movie of choice (subject to licensing and availability)
• A private party for 200 people at the brand new River Room in Westminster, London, complete with gourmet canapés and welcome drink for each guest
• A drinks reception for 200 people at Altitude 360 on the 29th floor of the Millbank Tower in Westminster, London. Altitude 360 offers great views over the Thames and city of London
• Dinner for four at Ciros Pizza Pomodoro, with two bottles of wine
How your donations could help
£15 could provide five mosquito nets to protect a family of five
£30 could provide three tarpaulin sheets to help those who have had their homes destroyed
£50 could provide hygiene kits for three families affected by the earthquake
The ebay auction will run for ten days, finishing on Sunday 21 March 2010.
For more information on the British Red Cross please visit: http://www.redcross.org.uk
Notes to editors
For further information about the event and the British Red Cross, please contact Heron Holloway on 0207 877 7520 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The River Room and Millbank Cinema are part of the Altitude London group, which includes Altitude 360, an event space located on the 29th floor of Millbank Tower, offering panoramic views of London
The British Red Cross helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We are part of a global voluntary network, responding to conflicts, natural disasters and individual emergencies.
We enable vulnerable people in the UK and abroad to prepare for and withstand emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, we help them to recover and move on with their lives.