Your donation

Please enter the amount you would like to give to the British Red Cross in the following format, 100 or 10.50

We only accept £ GBP:

The British Red Cross can only accept donations in £ GBP (Great British Pounds). If you would like to make a donation in another currency then please make a donation to the "International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent societies" at

Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) card donations:

Visit our CAF page for more information on making a donation through the CAF scheme  If you are a UK taxpayer you can boost your charitable donations by giving in a tax-efficient way. Just tick the box and we'll do the rest.

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is one of the simplest and most effective ways of giving to charity. It is a scheme introduced by the HM Revenue & Customs, that allows us to reclaim the basic rate tax you pay as a UK taxpayer. If you donate £10 to the British Red Cross and Gift Aid your donation, HM Revenue & Customs will add £2.50, bringing the total donation to the British Red Cross to £12.50.

Do I qualify for Gift Aid?

Yes, if you pay income tax or capital gains tax in the UK we will almost definitely be able to claim more money for you.

In the last year, the British Red Cross has reclaimed over £5.7 million in Gift Aid tax. Please help us to increase this – it means we will be able to help even more people.

To be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme, you need to be a UK taxpayer. You need to have paid income tax or capital gains tax that is at least equal to the amount that we will be reclaiming, in the year that your gift is received by us.

Does it cost me anything?

No, not a penny. We reclaim the money you have already given to HM Revenue & Customs as part of your taxes.

Do I need to make a new Gift Aid declaration each year?

No, you only need to make a declaration once. Your single declaration will apply to all donations you have made in the last six years and to all future donations.

What if I am a higher rate tax payer?

If you are a higher rate taxpayer we are still only able to claim the basic rate of tax on your donation.

However, you are able to reclaim the additional difference yourself through your tax return, or you may choose to donate it back to the British Red Cross by completing the information on your self assessment form. All you have to do is remember to include details of your charitable gifts on your tax form.

What if I stop paying tax?

You can cancel the declaration at any time by emailing your full name and address, including your postcode, to or by telephoning us on 0844 87 100 87.

Contact us for more information:

We appreciate that tax can be difficult to understand. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call our Supporter Care Line on 0844 87 100 87 (lines are open 0930-1730, Mon-Fri).