The British Red Cross International Fundraising Committee, Chaired by Maria Shammas MBE with Vice Chairman Carlota Wigglesworth, was established in 1992 and has raised many millions of pounds to help people in crisis around the world.
The Committee has a membership of over 200 volunteers from the diplomatic community, London’s international community and many others committed to fundraising for the Red Cross’ work.
Each year the Committee organises some of the most glamorous and exciting charity events on the London social calendar. These high-profile events include: The Ambassadors’ Gala, Royal gala dinners, international dance performances, auctions, film premieres, concerts, lectures, art exhibitions and fashion shows.
Proceeds raised from these events go towards the international work of the British Red Cross, helping people in crisis, whoever they are.
Upcoming events include:
© InfoPrevious events include:
- Brazilian Royal Gala Ball: BRAZIL NOW!
- Ambassadors' Gala
- Remembrance Sunday Concert at the Royal Albert Hall
- Bombay Dreams Royal Gala Evening in the presence of Her Majesty The Queen
- Freedom of the City of London ceremonies and dinners: for the late Luciano Pavarotti in 2006, Annie Lennox in 2009 and Stephen Fry in 2011
- Grosvenor House Art and Antiques Fair Charity Gala Evening
- Jewels for Life: Gems of Peace at the Kensington Palace Gardens residence of Usha and Lakshmi N. Mittal
- Venezuela Viva at the London Palladium in the presence of their Royal Highnesses Prince and Princess Nikolaos of Greece and attended by Mr and Mrs Michael Middleton
- Art for Life 2015
How you can support the International Fundraising Committee
- Attend our events
- Sponsor one of our events
- Donate an item to auction at one of our events
- Make a suggestion for a future event
- Make a donation
For further information about the International Fundraising Committee or to discuss your interest in supporting the committee please contact:
Jeremy Summerfield, IFC Manager on 0207 877 7115/6 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org