accessibility & help
This page displays all items on the site tagged with the term you clicked on. They are displayed in order of how recently they've been updated, with the most recently updated item first.
After our volunteers helped pensioner Arthur Phillips recover from a house fire, his six-year-old granddaughter raised money for us to say thank you.
When Cecil Muggeridge’s farm cottage was razed to the ground, he didn’t know where to turn – but our volunteers were soon at the scene to help.
Our volunteers raced through deep snow to help the family of a woman badly burned in a domestic gas explosion.
When Isabel Jones saw her home go up in flames, our volunteers were soon there to offer support.
When a blazing stove set fire to Jane Horton’s cottage, our fire and emergency support volunteers were quickly on hand to help.
When lightning caused huge damage to a young family's home, volunteer Juliana Ali raced straight there to help – on her very first call-out.
When the Lush family saw their home go up in flames, our volunteers were quickly on hand to help get them through a traumatic night.
27 Jul 2011
When a woman started choking in a crowded restaurant, first aid-trained Keith McLavy dove straight in to help and saved her life.
Maureen was growing increasingly distressed and wondering how she would cope, until the Red Cross turned up with lots of supplies - and a massage!
When Mbiriyashe left his native Zimbabwe to visit his sick sister in Birmingham nine years ago, things quickly went wrong.
© British Red Cross 2015
All images © British Red Cross 2015
unless otherwise stated
British Red Cross, UK Office, 44 Moorfields, London EC2Y 9AL Phone: 0844 871 11 11. Fax: 020 7562 2000.
The British Red Cross Society, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738)
Print this page