Our Supporter Care team are here to help
Monday to Friday 9:30 - 5:00
Please help us investigate your concern more quickly, by providing as much information as possible, like :
- your contact details (if you require a response)
- details of your concerns, including any incident date
- the name of or a description of anyone involved
- copies of any materials to support your complaint
As soon as we have this information, we’ll log your concern and get back to you with our findings as soon as possible, by whichever method you have requested.
What happens next?
We hope that we are able to address your concern quickly and to your satisfaction. However, if you don’t hear from us within 14 days , or are not satisfied with the response you receive, then you can contact the Fundraising Regulator (FR) with your concerns
The FR is an independent non-statutory body, responsible for setting and maintaining the standards for charitable fundraising in the UK and will adjudicate on issues that may arise between members of the public and fundraising organisations
The FR can only mediate on complaints about fundraising. If your complaint relates to one of the following:
- Red Cross services
- administration or staff costs
- processing errors
- retail issues
- how the charity is spending its money
Then please refer your complaint to the relevant service area. If you don’t know how to contact that service area, please contact the supporter care team as above, who will be able to advise you.
If your concerns relate to any of the following:
- dishonest handling of funds
- misapplication of charitable funds
- actions that contravene the Charity’s trust deed or charity law
- actions that threaten to bring the charity into disrepute
In the first instance, please write to our Head of Governance at British Red Cross, UK Office, 44 Moorfields London EC2Y 9AL,so that we have an opportunity to investigate.
If you are not happy with the response you receive, then you can refer your concerns to the Charity Commission