© InfoThis Big Lottery Fund project in Birmingham enables refugees and asylum seekers to survive destitution.
Through a grant of £486,078 over a period of five years, the Red Cross has been able to expand its existing refugee and asylum seeker service in Birmingham, so that it can address the growing needs in the area. The Big Lottery Fund fully funds this project.
What the project offers
- Short-term destitution support (food, clothing, vouchers) to refugees and asylum seekers and emergency accommodation in the more extreme cases.
- An initial assessment with each person to identify those who need more in-depth orientation support.
- Support for more complex cases with orientation, services and training, so that they can meet their housing, social, transport, health, education, employment and legal needs.
- Two weeks of tailored employment training for selected beneficiaries.
- Training and recruitment of volunteers from among our clients to help deliver the service.