© Info“This is a great way to raise money for the Red Cross, to meet, chat, socialise with friends, and to maybe find a new favourite recipe to try out at home.”
Linda Tighe, coffee morning organiser.
How can a coffee morning help?
A coffee morning is a great way to catch up with neighbours and friends, but it could also help someone less able to go out and socialise. £88 could help one person readjust following a hospital admission, with a year of Red Cross visits and telephone calls to provide the vital support they need.
Coffee morning fundraising tips
- Book a venue, preferably at a time when no other community groups are doing something similar.
- Recruit a few people to help make tea and coffee, wash up, set and clear tables. You will also need people willing to make delicious home baking.
- Publicise your event with posters around your local area.
- Consider having extra stalls selling items like Christmas cards, baked goods, plants or small gifts.
- A raffle is a brilliant way of making even more money.
- As well as advertising the coffee morning in your local paper, try to get a small article about Red Cross services in the area printed.