What is it?
- Are you a bit of a chatterbox? Get your friends and family to sponsor you to give up talking for a day in aid of the British Red Cross!
What you’ll need
- A date to have it
- A time limit for your silence so you know when you’re starting and finishing
- A sponsorship form – email the address or call the number at the bottom of this page to ask for one or more of these
- Lots of people to sponsor you – tell everyone you know what you’re up to and why you think the British Red Cross is such a good cause
- A safe, sealed or lockable place to keep the money you raise
- Someone who can write a cheque for the amount that you raise
- Set your day a few weeks ahead so you have plenty of time to tell everyone about it.
- Carry a notepad and pen with you so that you can still communicate and explain what you’re doing.
Keep your sponsorship form with you on the day so people can still sponsor you during the silence.
All about the money
- Once the event is over and you’ve collected all the money, post us a cheque (made payable to the British Red Cross) for the amount you raised, along with a copy of the banking form from the module five facilitator's notes. Our address details are also on the same page as the form.
- If you have any questions about sending us money or want to ask for other advice, please contact our fundraising team on 0844 412 2728 or firstname.lastname@example.org