We offer 29 volunteering placements to people aged between 18 and 30 from some European countries. The 12-month placements will take place in the UK from September 2017 to August 2018. You must apply through your country's Red Cross.
What kind of projects will I be working on?
Projects where you could volunteer include:
- supporting refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants
- working with young people on youth engagement projects, e.g. encouraging volunteering
- teaching first aid to vulnerable community groups
- supporting older people and those who have just left hospital
- helping disabled children and young people at school
- supporting adults who have learning disabilities on a social enterprise project.
Who can volunteer in the UK for these projects?
You can volunteer if:
- you are aged between 18 and 30
- and you are a legal resident in Armenia, Turkey, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Finnish, French or German because we have partnerships with the Red Cross societies in these countries. We cannot accept your applications if you are based in any other country.
You need to apply through your own Red Cross National Society to volunteer in the UK. Please see contact details below.
How to apply
Contact your Red Cross National Society to apply:
Armenian Red Cross, Yerevan: email@example.com
Turkish Red Crescent, Izmir: firstname.lastname@example.org
Belgian Red Cross, Mechelen: Emma.Achten@rodekruis.be
Finnish Red Cross, Tampere: Heini.Lumio@redcross.fi
French Red Cross, Paris: Lucie.Bodet@croix-rouge.fr
German Red Cross, Bonn: Gabriele.Wenz@schwesternschaft-bonn.drk.de
Portuguese Red Cross, Braga: email@example.com
Spanish Red Cross, Manresa: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
If you are a UK resident, take a look at our current UK volunteering opportunities.