© InfoImagine surviving on just one meal a day. This is the reality for many people living in Africa’s Lake Chad region.
Almost seven million people don’t have access to enough nutritious food.
Yet this crisis is underfunded and rarely makes the headlines. It is effectively a silent emergency.
Help us change that. #SilentEmergency
On a mobile? Explore the map on your phone.
The crisis in five facts
- Conflict in north-east Nigeria has spilled across borders into neighbouring Cameroon, Niger and Chad.
- Millions of people have been forced to flee their homes in search of safety.
- They have moved into poor areas. Shelter, food and water are scarce.
- This, combined with the effects of climate change, has created an urgent food crisis.
- Around ten million people need the basics to survive.
What can you do?
This crisis is largely ignored and underfunded. You can help by spreading the word on Facebook and Twitter, and by donating today.
The Red Cross is one of the few organisations that can operate in the region.
We’ve already reached thousands with food, health care, clean water and other essential items. But it’s not enough. Help us save lives and end the silence.