The British Red Cross offers regular support to ambulance services in the UK. We operate under a Royal Charter as an auxiliary to the public services, and a key aspect of our work involves providing support to NHS ambulance services across the country.
The Red Cross has an extensive fleet of ambulance vehicles and crews and these are used regularly to support NHS ambulance services across the UK, during both routine work and major incidents.
How the Red Cross can help
- Provision of suitable vehicles and crews during surge demand, predicted peak periods or adverse weather situations.
- Patient transport work, out of hours hospital discharges, doctors’ urgent calls and higher acuity work.
- Regulated by the Care Quality Commission, with the same standards rolled out internally across the UK.
- Comprehensive vehicle fleet with extensive 4WD capability, modern ambulances and Airwave communications.
- Collaborative projects such as call-centre assistance, post-paramedic home visit sitting services, city centre initiatives and ambulance reserve work.
Many key ambulance services are already enjoying the benefits of working with the Red Cross. Call 0844 412 2738 for more information about what we can offer.