© InfoLearn some first aid.
- Always listen carefully to the advice of the emergency services – and follow their instructions.
- Make a list of your important telephone numbers. Write down your plan of action including reminders of what to take if you need to leave your home quickly.
- Lock all doors and windows if you have to leave your home.
- Tell someone who is close to you where you are and where you are going.
- Keep your mobile phone and charger with you at all times.
- Try and remain calm – it really helps in an emergency.
- Check to see if your neighbours need help.
- Think about how you can help your neighbours and vulnerable or elderly people.
- Decide what you can do to protect your pets and animals.
For more information, real-time alerts and severe weather warnings, download our emergency app.
Useful websites: advice and services
Drought and water saving tips
Severe weather in winter
Fire prevention and safety
First aid for all
Pets and emergencies
Emergencies in schools
Emergencies in business