Find out about the range of support and information we offer to help people through a period of financial difficulty.
We understand that having an illness, accident or other crisis can affect a person’s financial stability as much as their health and independence.
Our services can help people to:
- access emergency food parcels from a foodbank
- understand what welfare benefits and grants are available (or how these might change during a crisis)
- access support with energy bills or information on making homes energy efficient
- replace clothing and everyday household goods.
For more information about these services, contact your local Red Cross branch office.
More help available
Get advice online about financial support available in the UK. On the Turn2Us website in the 'Your situation' section you can use the benefits calculator and see if you are entitled to any charitable grants.
You can also find information about:
Get advice online
- carers' allowance
- working tax credit
- bereavement allowance
- support for refugees, asylum seekers and migrants
- food poverty
- support with energy bills
- support available to elderly people, ill, injured and disabled people, young people and those in work
- getting help with debt
- emergency assistance.
Alternatively call the Turn2Us free helpline on 0808 802 2000, open Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm.
Please note the website is in English only. We have developed the website in partnership with Turn2us to help those we support if they are experiencing financial hardship.