Are you hoping to work in the charity sector? Are you looking to develop your professional skills, boost your CV and make a positive contribution to the work that we do?
See our current internship placements by searching for the words 'intern' or 'internship' in the key words box.
All our volunteer internships are part-time and they last for 8 to12 weeks. We have placements at our head office in London and across the country.
What could I be doing?
As an intern you could be developing a project, conducting some research or planning an event. You will make a useful and rewarding contribution to our organisation.
We offer a wide range of volunteer internships in various departments including:
- refugee services
- youth and schools
- health and social care
- marketing and communications
- humanitarian policy and partnerships.
How will I benefit from doing an internship with the British Red Cross?
All our internships are voluntary. You will be given:
- a thorough induction and supervision
- a place on our annual internship welcome day at our head office in London
- the opportunity to join our internal training and development courses
- access to our internal vacancy list
- a certificate and reference on completion of your placement
- reasonable travel and lunch expenses.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you are a university student or graduate, or if have left school or are looking for voluntary experience in your gap year. We also welcome applications from those returning to the workplace or looking for a change in career. Candidates must demonstrate a strong interest in the voluntary sector.
Apply now >> (search 'intern' or 'internship' in the key words box).
Check out our frequently asked questions to find the answer.