We hope you enjoyed the puzzles and learnt something about the Red Cross along the way.
Find the solutions to March’s puzzles below. For May’s answers, please click here.
The Red Cross helps thousands of people every year in many different ways. Below are some examples of the principles we stand for, as well as examples of the crises we respond to and how we help. Can you find the 12 missing words in our word search?
- First Aid
The Red Cross is committed to seven fundamental principles, which guarantee the consistency of our work in the UK and overseas. The principal in the shaded boxes is humanity.
3. The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement was started in 1863 and was inspired by businessman Henry Dunant. Which country was he from? Switzerland
5. The Red Cross provides training on this set of skills with a view that everyone should have the skills and confidence to save a life in an emergency. In 2017 we trained 308,500 adults and young people in first aid.
7. To help alleviate the current health and social care pressures in the UK, the Red Cross provides support to people returning home from hospital.
8. Following the tragic terrorist attack that devastated this city in May 2017, the Red Cross helped to set up the We Love Manchester concert to raise vital funds to support those affected by the disaster.
10. We are part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, which has 17 million volunteers across over 190 countries.
11. The Red Cross sent over 100,000 food parcels to the Channel Islands, which were occupied by German troops from late June 1940 to 9 May 1945.
1. The British Red Cross was formed when war broke out between France and Prussia in July 1870.
2. In the Caribbean, hurricanes Irma and Maria destroyed an estimated 1.2 million people’s homes in 2017. The British Red Cross contributed £6.8 million to support those affected.
4. The British Red Cross enables people to live independently and with dignity at home in the face of health crises.
6. The Red Cross helps reunite families separated by war, natural disaster or migration.
9. We help refugees access essential services and adapt to life in a new country.
First aid quiz
Answers: 1-B, 2-C, 3-B, 4-A, 5-D