Beat the Brecons
Register to secure your place for this rewarding challenge.
05 Sep 2019 to 09 Sep 2019
- Registration fee:
- Sponsorship target:
- Minimum age:
- 18 years old and over
For more information please contact Janice Gilroy at JaniceGilroy@redcross.org.uk or by phone on 01245 291014
Sign up now
Sign up now for £200 and raise a sponsorship target of £350.
The registration fee will cover food, transport, accommodation, activity instructors and equipment.
You will be supported throughout your time participating in the event by our dedicated fundraising team.
The British Red Cross in Essex are organising a one-off event, giving anyone who would like to join, the opportunity to ‘Beat the Brecons’.
On Thursday 5 September, a daring group will set off from Chelmsford for Wales for a demanding but rewarding challenge.
They will be following in the footsteps of the world-famous SAS into, the area used for their training, the rugged Brecon Beacons.
Over three days they will attempt a punishing hill climb, a challenging canoe trip along the River Wye and finally an adrenaline-driven gorge walk. We would like to invite you to join them.
This challenge will include:
- Walking the Fan Dance, the SAS training route
- Canoeing along the River Wye
- Taking on an adrenaline-fuelled gorge walk.
As a British Red Cross participant, you will receive:
- a fundraising pack
- an online sponsorship page set up for you
- ongoing sponsorship support from our expert fundraisers
- a Red Cross medal and certificate for all participants
- fully qualified instructors to guide you all the way, and first aid cover en route
- full radio communications coverage among the support team.