Take part in Dance: Make Your Move
Put on your dancing shoes and raise money for the British Red Cross
28 February 2018
- Registration fee:
- Sponsorship target:
- between 4 and 18 on 8 July 2018
For all enquiries please get in touch with the Events team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0344 412 2877
Find your local heat
|Saturday 14 April||Jubilee High School, School Lane, Addlestone KT15 1TE, Surrey||Junior and senior places|
|Saturday 21 April||Alleyn’s School, Townley Road, Dulwich, London SE22 8SU||Junior places only|
|Sunday 13 May||Sevenoaks School,High Street, Sevenoaks TN13 1HU, Kent||EVENT FULL|
|Saturday 19 May||Greenwood Theatre, 55 Weston Street, London SE1 3RA||Junior places only|
|Sunday 3 June||Princes Hall, Princes Way, Aldershot GU11 1NX, Hampshire||EVENT FULL|
|Sunday 17 June||Stantonbury Theatre, Stantonbury, Milton Keynes MK14 6BN, Buckinghamshire||EVENT FULL|
Things you need to know
- It costs £30 to sign up for Dance: Make Your Move. All acts are also asked to raise at least £100 to support the work of the British Red Cross
- Dancers must be aged between 4 and 18 on 8 July 2018
- Contestants will be split into one of two categories – junior (aged 4-11) or senior (aged 12-18). One senior and one junior act from each local heat will be invited to dance at the grand final
- The competition is open to solo dancers, duos and groups with a maximum of 30 members
- The event is mixed. Both boys and girls can take part
- Dances must be between three and seven minutes long, and be inspired by the work of the Red Cross
The grand final takes places at indigo at The O2 in London on Sunday 8 July 2018. Save the date!
- All contestants must take part in a local heat. See the list below to find an event near you
- Families and supporters can buy tickets to watch local heats and the grand final
Win a chance to perform at The O2
The biggest fundraisers will have a bonus chance to dance at the grand final.
Every act that raises and submits at least £1,000 by noon on Monday 25 June will be entered into the Platinum Fundraising Award draw.
The winning entry chosen at random will be invited to perform at indigo at The O2 in London along with the finalists.
The Platinum Fundraising Award winner will perform as a guest, unless they also won a local heat. You won’t be taking part in the competition. But this chance to shine at one of London’s most famous venues is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.