Ennerdale Energiser Duathlon
Take on this fantastic and fully guided hike and stand up paddleboard challenge in the stunning Cumbrian valley of Ennerdale.
18 September 2021
- Registration fee:
- £95 (includes equipment for stand-up paddle boarding)
- Sponsorship target:
- Minimum age:
- 16 (participants aged between 16-18 will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times)
- Approx. duration:
- Stand-up paddleboard - 2.5 hours Hike - 5.5 hours
For all enquiries, please get in touch with Kerry Threadgill by email at KThreadgill@redcross.org.uk or by phone 07718 244547
About the event
Whether you've tried stand-up paddle boarding before or not, this is a real treat! You’ll have a full tour of Ennerdale water (6km), completing the full length of the lake, taking in beautiful views of the surrounding mountains whilst doing so.
This micro event is limited to 26 people – perfect for those wanting to get outdoors in 2021 but would feel more comfortable taking part in events with smaller groups of people.
The hike route is 8.5m (13.5km) where participants will take in three Lakeland peaks: Red Pike, Starling Dodd and Great Borne. You’ll climb a total ascent of 1023m (3365ft) which is higher than climbing Scafell Pike – the highest peak in England.
Whilst hiking, you’ll look over to Wild Ennerdale, plus lovely Buttermere and Cumnock Water. The last few kilometres follow the shoreline of Ennerdale Water. Ennerdale has a distinctive character of its own, with a sense of tranquillity and ruggedness similar to Scotland or Scandinavia. Stunning!
Both the stand-up paddleboard and hike sections of this event are fully guided and supported by qualified and experienced instructors, mountain leaders and first aiders. No previous paddle boarding experience necessary and all equipment for this section of the event will be provided.
Why join Team Red Cross?
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world get the support they need if crisis strikes. We’re part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and we believe in the power of kindness. Every step you take and every pound you raise will help to fund this work.
As part of Team Red Cross you will be supported throughout your event preparation. Your local Red Cross fundraiser will be on hand to encourage you with your fundraising, answer any questions you have and to thank you for all of your hard work.
As part of Team Red Cross you will receive:
- access to our exclusive online fundraising pages with tips and advice to help you reach your sponsorship target
- dedicated support, including training advice
- a British Red Cross t-shirt (upon hitting your sponsorship target four weeks before the event)
- updates on the work of the British Red Cross in the UK and overseas.
- invitation to join a Red Cross challenge event Facebook group and be part of our events community!
What you will receive from Adventure Trails:
- an experienced team leading the event and looking after you on the day
- knowledge and insight on mountain scape and history
- pre-event zoom call to answer your questions and a chance to say hello to your fellow event participants
- the best advice about what about kit you may need
- first aid support at the event
- pre & post event photo opportunities.