Join us to make sure anyone, anywhere, can get the support they need if crisis strikes.
A wide range of opportunities
Here’s a flavour of the work you can do at the British Red Cross.
- Our retail and fundraising teams raise money to help millions of people in the UK and overseas.
- Our advocacy and research teams help shape policy to support people in crisis.
- Our trainers teach first aid skills to thousands of people each year.
- Our education department provides teaching resources and works with young people to inspire the next generation of humanitarians.
- To keep our organisation running we have hundreds of people working in IT, finance, HR, marketing and procurement.
- Our international teams ensure people around the world get help to cope in emergencies.
Our operations teams provide services directly to people in need. We:
- help reunite separated families
- support refugees
- help people live independently at home
- help end loneliness
- work with the NHS and local authorities to provide high quality care.
Whether you’re looking to bring your skills to our support team or want to help us deliver aid to people when they need it most, search our job vacancies and apply today.
As well as a rewarding career at a global charity, you will get access to a wide range of benefits when you join our team.
- Pension scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible working
- Training and development
- Maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Loan to buy a bike
- Wellbeing support and advice helpline
- Funding for health services
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
We support a huge range of people and we recruit for a diverse workforce.
Hear from some of our staff on what working here means to them.
The British Red Cross does not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place which all staff and volunteers are bound by.
We are fully committed to promoting an environment in which all staff, volunteers and those we seek to help feel empowered to report any misconduct.