Life. Live it: First aid education for children
Help chidren to learn valuable first aid skills.
- Lesson plan, teaching package, videos
- Citizenship, PSHE, Science, SMSC
- First aid and the bystander effect
Help children to learn first aid through interactive activities, film scenarios, information sheets and quizzes. Children will learn the key steps to take when someone is in need of first aid and gain the confidence to help others.
Life. Live it. equips you with everything you need to teach primary school pupils the essentials of first aid. The resource is simple to use and requires no specialist knowledge of first aid.
- learn and practise simple first aid actions
- feel confident that they can help
- learn the importance of giving first aid while keeping themselves safe
- understand where to get help.
1. What is first aid?
Think about why first aid is important and the kinds of situations when it is needed.
2. Stay safe
Keep yourself and others safe by learning how to spot dangers and hazards.
3. Help save lives
Learn about when you should help and what you can do.
4. Emergency action
Learn about how to get adult help in an emergency, calling 999, keeping calm and comforting a person who is unwell.
5. Teachers’ area
Where teachers can download and print lesson plans and worksheets, access a full breakdown of curriculum links, manage pupil assessment quizzes and view extra activity ideas.