Get ready to teach first aid
Sign up to receive more information about our exciting new teaching resources.
Great news! First aid education is being included in the RSE and Health curriculum for schools in England from September 2020. Now, even more children and young people will get the skills they need to save a life.
To celebrate the change, we’re launching a brand new teaching website for learners ages 5-18. It’s aimed at all schools in the UK, and will be ready to use for the new school year 2020.
Why choose British Red Cross resources?
We understand that, for some people, teaching first aid can feel quite daunting – especially if you’ve never done it before. So, we’ve designed these free resources with that in mind, to keep things simple and help you confidently deliver lessons in line with the new curriculum. Here’s how:
- each first aid skill focuses on one key action making it simple to teach and easy to learn
- the teaching resources provide you with all the guidance you need – you don’t need any formal first aid training
- the resource has easy-to-follow lesson plans that save you time in preparing for your classes
- from films and photos to lesson plans and quizzes, the digital resources are free and flexible to use.
There’s no set time allocation for these lessons – we’ve designed the resource as a toolkit, so you can build bespoke lessons and programmes of study to suit your class.
First aid champions
This new interactive learning website will include:
- a multimedia library to pick and choose which supporting materials you need for each lesson
- differentiated learning activities for ages 5-18
- full curriculum mapping for the new requirements in England and for other UK nations.
How will it benefit learners?
Through the variety of practical activities, learners will:
- gain the skills, confidence and willingness to act when someone needs first aid
- learn first aid for common injuries and what to do in a first aid emergency
- develop essential life skills, including coping in challenging situations.
They will also cover other humanitarian ideas such as kindness, safety and sharing learning with others to create resilient communities.
Taking part in the pilot?
If you're taking part in the pilot and have any queries, please contact email@example.com
Register your interest
Enter your details and we’ll update you when the new first aid teaching resources are available.