Competition terms and conditions of entry
The Snowman™ and The Snowdog kindness calendars competition 2021: Terms and conditions
As part of this year's The Snowman and The Snowdog kindness calendars we're offering an exciting new competition where students can win a bundle of 50 books for their class, including Snowman titles and other Puffin books. To be in with a chance of winning, students must create a Winter Windows scene using the cut outs included in the Snowman activity pack.
For more information about how to enter the exciting competition and to download The Snowman™ and the Snowdog kindness calendar, take a look at our main page here.
The Snowman™ and the Snowdog Kindness Calendars Competition 2021
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. By entering the promotion, entrants (who are participating schools submitting entries on behalf of their pupils) confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all rules and guidelines applicable to the use of Facebook or Twitter, including the rules located at:
The Promoter of this prize draw is the British Red Cross Society (incorporated by Royal Charter 1908 and a registered charity in England and Wales (220949), Scotland (SC037738) and Isle of Man (0752) whose registered U.K. office is at: 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is offering schools who enter this competition through their participating school a chance to win the following:
1 x bundle 50 books including Snowman titles and other Puffin books.
3. To enter this prize draw, entrants must create a Winter Windows scene and send a photo/s with a quote/s from a student on how the scene represents kindness and/or why kindness is important. Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Entrants must be from participating UK schools and pupils must be UK residents aged 5-11. Schools outside of the UK will be unable to enter.
5. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
6. Participating schools may submit multiple entries on behalf of its pupils providing that only one entry is allowed to be submitted per class by its teacher. Multiple entries from the same class and teacher will be disqualified.
7. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Entries after the promotion has closed will not be counted. It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have obtained adequate parental/guardian consent for each pupil at your school participating in this competition and any associated promotional activity for this competition. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition, however internet access is required.
9. The promotion is open to entries from 00:00 13th November 2021 until 23:59 on Friday 7th January 2022.
10. One school will be declared the winner of a bundle of 50 books including Snowman titles and other Puffin books. Winners will be selected based on the best Winter Windows scene, accompanied by a quote/s from a student on how the scene demonstrates kindness and/or why kindness is important from all valid entries received and verified by Promoter and/or its agents (unless otherwise stated on the competition post) on 10th January 2022.
11. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the competition. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoters decisions.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value. The prizes are not transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or cancel, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by a third party connected to this competition.
14. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind.
15. Nothing in these terms excludes the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability that the Promoter may not exclude by law. Subject to that, the Promoter and its associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, including any loss incurred as a result of any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
(i) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the promotion;
(ii) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
(iii) any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
(iv) any other events beyond the Promoter's control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize.
16. All entrants will be notified of the outcome by the 21st January 2021 via a direct message to the account from which the entry was made (as such it is up to the entrant to ensure they are the account holder and have full access rights to the account from which the entry is submitted for all of its pupils). If a winning entrant fails to respond within two (2) working days of this notification, a re-selection will take place of a replacement winner. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
17. All entrants are solely responsible for providing the British Red Cross with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and the British Red Cross is not liable in any way for failure or inability to contact any entrant due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided.
18. The British Red Cross will not be liable to any entrant for any loss or damage suffered or arising from any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by the British Red Cross.
19. Except for the purpose of carrying out the promotion, contacting winners and sending out prizes the Promoter will not use entrants’ and/or their pupils' personal data without the express consent of the entrant. The entrant agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their pupil’s entry. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained each pupils parental or guardian’s prior consent to use the pupils name and image for any winner's publicity material.
20. The British Red Cross reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the player has breached any of these terms and conditions.
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.