Give and Gain terms and conditions
The full terms and conditions for our shopper loyalty-card
The Reward Scheme
- The Loyalty Card reward scheme (“the Reward Scheme”) is operated by The British Red Cross Society, a body incorporated by Royal Charter and a registered charity in England and Wales (number 220949) and in Scotland (number SC037738) whose national headquarters is at 44 Moorfields, London EC2Y 9AL (“BRCS”, “we” or “our”) and by its wholly owned trading subsidiary Britcross Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, rcn 932598, and whose registered office is also at 44 Moorfields, London EC2Y 9AL.
- These terms and conditions govern the collection and use of Reward Scheme points and set out the terms of the agreement between BRCS and you the customer relating to the Reward Scheme.
- The Reward Scheme is valid in the United Kingdom (including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) at participating BRCS retail shops. A list of participating BRCS retail shops can be found at our website, www.redcross.org.uk. The Reward Scheme is not valid elsewhere.
To register for the Reward Scheme applicants must complete all relevant sections of the Application Form (“the Form”) before a Loyalty Card can be issued and validated. All personal details requested by us must be given on the Form before
a Loyalty Card can be issued. By signing the Form you confirm that the details you have given are true. The Form may be completed in store or downloaded from our website, www.redcross.org.uk. If you download the Form you must take your completed Form to the nearest participating BRCS retail store to complete your registration for the Reward Scheme. If your application for a Loyalty Card is accepted in store you will automatically be enrolled in the Reward Scheme and can start collecting points immediately.
- Loyalty Card applicants must be age 16 years or over and resident in the United Kingdom (including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
- Your Loyalty Card is personal to you and neither the Loyalty Card nor the points thereon are transferable. We do not issue additional Loyalty Cards for your account, but your family and friends over the age of 16 can, of course, apply for their own Loyalty Card.
- All Loyalty Cards are issued by and belong to BRCS. You must return your Loyalty Card to us at Gift Aid & Loyalty Cards, British Red Cross, Princess Court, 23 Princess Street, Plymouth PL1 2EX marked Loyalty Cards, or destroy it, if we so request. Surrendered Loyalty Cards become the property of BRCS.
- If you lose your Loyalty Card you should promptly write to Gift Aid & Loyalty Cards, British Red Cross, Princess Court, 23 Princess Street, Plymouth PL1 2EX marked “Loyalty Cards” and a replacement Loyalty Card will be sent to your registered address. BRCS cannot be held liable for the loss of any accrued points.
- BRCS reserves the right, on notice, such notice to be publicised in notices at participating stores and also published on our website, www.redcross.org.uk, to change the terms and conditions of the Reward Scheme to reflect any legal requirement or for any other necessary and reasonable reason. Notices detailing the revised terms will be available in all participating BRCS retail shops and the current version of the terms and conditions can be found on our website, www.redcross.org.uk.
- BRCS reserves the right on notice, to: (i) alter the goods included or excluded in the Reward Scheme; (ii) alter the products on which points may be earned; (iii) alter the minimum amount of spend required to earn points; (iv) alter the number of points per amount spent; (v) alter the number of points required to be redeemed against any goods; and (vi) to change the number of participating shops at any time.
- BRCS reserves the right to terminate the Reward Scheme by giving three months’ notice of termination. If we do this any points you wish to redeem must be redeemed by the date of the closure of the Reward Scheme. Any points not redeemed by the date of closure will be cancelled. BRCS can take any action it considers appropriate if it has reason to believe that you are abusing the Reward Scheme, including terminating your Loyalty Card and withholding or cancelling any points previously earned and credited to your account.
- BRCS also reserves the right, on notice, to cancel or withdraw any individual Loyalty Card at any time. You can terminate your Loyalty Card and your participation in the Reward Scheme at any time.
- BRCS reserves the right to remove Loyalty Card points on Loyalty Cards which haven’t been redeemed for 2 years. However, your Loyalty Card will remain valid and your participation in the Reward Scheme will continue unless you tell us otherwise.
- If any term in these terms and conditions is held to be invalid in whole or in part, that part shall be deleted and the validity of the remaining terms shall not be affected.
- These terms and conditions and the Reward Scheme are subject to the laws of England and Wales
- BRCS and Britcross Limited are registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner and conduct their businesses in accordance with Data Protection law.
- We collect information about you when you: i) register for the Reward Scheme; ii) use your Loyalty Card when you buy products in our participating retail stores or donate stock; and iii) contact us in relation to the Reward Scheme.
- We use your personal information to: i) manage and improve the Reward Scheme; ii) administer your account and send you mailings and vouchers if relevant; and iii) develop and improve our retail services.
- We may contact you to: i) let you know of special offers and promotions from our retail department; ii) give you information about our Red Cross training courses and course discounts; and iii) we may contact you to keep you updated about the
work of the BRCS and the international work of BRCS/the Red Cross Movement and for fundraising purposes.
- We will not disclose your information to any third parties except to other companies that help us administer the Reward Scheme or where we are required to do so by law.
- If you wish to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to us at Supporter Services, Freepost RLSA-UXSH-AUUG, 44 Moorfields, London EC2Y 9AL enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 payable to “British Red Cross”. Please confirm your Loyalty Card number and any details to help us identify and locate your information. If any of the details are incorrect please let us know and we will amend them.
- One point will be issued for every full £1 spent or multiples thereof when you present your Loyalty Card at the till at the time of purchase (e.g. £1 spent equals 1 point and £5 spent equals 5 points).
- Points will be added to a valid Loyalty Card only at the time you buy products in our participating BRCS retail stores.
- We may change the number of points you collect on products included in the Reward Scheme on reasonable notice to you.
- We may from time to time publicise on our website, www.redcross.org.uk, special promotions whereby you can collect additional points.
- Except in circumstances of a failure of our Electronic Point of Sale System or any other system failure, when points will not be added after the system failure has been corrected, points will usually be added to your account instantaneously. We
accept no liability for any points not added to your account as a result of any system failure.
Points earning limit
The maximum number of points you can earn in any calendar year is 5,000 points. You will not be eligible to earn further points on purchases within the Reward Scheme until after the beginning of the next calendar year.
- Any Loyalty Card points collected by you will be automatically redeemed at least twice a year into vouchers for the value of the Loyalty Card points you hold at the time (e.g. 100 points will equal £1 of vouchers).
- Vouchers will be issued to the exact value of points on your account at the time of calculation (e.g. 132 points will equal £1.32 of vouchers) which will then be sent to your registered address.
- Vouchers will not be issued until you have collected a minimum of 100 points. Where you do not have enough points to reach the minimum of 100 points any points which have not been redeemed will be carried over to the next redemption period.
- You do not have to take any action to redeem your points into vouchers
- Points which have been held by you for 2 years without being redeemed will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed in return for vouchers (at the discretion of BRCS).
- We will not exchange or redeem Loyalty Card points or vouchers for cash and points and vouchers have no cash value.
- Vouchers can be used as part or full payment for goods at participating BRCS retail stores. When vouchers are used as part of the transaction, points will only be awarded on the cash balance of the transaction. You don’t qualify for points when you pay for goods with vouchers.
- If you have a query regarding vouchers please contact the Gift Aid & Loyalty Card office on 01752 235 110. We will only accept claims for non-delivery of vouchers for up to six months after the end of the month during which they were sent out by us.
- BRCS reserves the right on notice to (i) change the basis on which points are redeemed; (ii) the months in which points are redeemed; and (iii) the frequency of redemption of points.
- Your vouchers can only be used to make purchases of goods at participating BRCS retail stores.
- The use of vouchers may be subject to restrictions of which we will advise you when your vouchers are sent to you. You may be required to produce your Loyalty Card when using a voucher.
- Each voucher has an expiry date and all vouchers must be used before their expiry date.
- Vouchers will be void if the perforate tear-off area has been removed. If your vouchers become accidentally damaged please contact the Gift Aid & Loyalty Card office on 01752 235 110.
If you decide to return any goods which you bought with cash on which points were awarded or using your Loyalty Card, and it is accepted by us within our standard Returns Policy, we will deduct any points which you collected at the time of the purchase from your Loyalty Card.
If you decide to return any goods which you bought with your vouchers, and it is accepted by us within our standard Returns Policy, we will credit your loyalty card with the points equivalent of the value of the voucher. These point will then carry forward to the next redemption period as normal.