Surviving to Thriving
Find out about our partnership with the Refugee Council and UpRising, which helps young refugees and asylum seekers to thrive in the UK.
Surviving to Thriving is a partnership project with the Refugee Council and UpRising, funded by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
The project runs in Birmingham, Leeds and the east of England. It provides 11 to 25 year old refugees and asylum seekers with the life skills, advice, mental health support and leadership opportunities to rebuild their lives and thrive in the UK.
We also offer dedicated training for professionals to provide them with the specialist skills and knowledge needed to work with young refugees and asylum seekers.
These one-day training sessions are free of charge and tailored to your specific needs. They can be delivered in-house within your organisation, anywhere in England.
British Red Cross:
- one-to-one case work on the specific needs of the young people
- group sessions designed to create social networks while increasing their knowledge, skills and confidence
- help to access to services including legal representation
- group and one-to-one therapeutic counselling
- a range of therapeutic approaches, including drama therapy and art therapy
- support addressing trauma and restoring wellbeing
- introduction to leadership and social action as a means of self-empowerment
- opportunities to engage in advocacy and influencing activities
- enhanced self-esteem and other key soft skills to build confidence and aspirations
Surviving to Thriving gives you all the help and direction you need to know about your situation, and how you're going to be able to live here in the UK.FIRTY, 19
To find out more, contact us:
Training for professionals, British Red Cross offer:
Training for professionals, Refugee Council offer: