Struggling with life's demands? Or simply don't know where to turn for a friendly chat?
Many of us will feel lonely at some point in our lives.
To contact your local British Red Cross team, email your postcode to email@example.com.
Or, to find help in your area, email or call us using the contact details below.
Right now, over nine million people across the UK regularly feel lonely.
There are many reasons why we may start to feel isolated or alone. They include coping with the loss of a loved one or adjusting to life as a new parent.
Do you feel lonely or socially isolated and don’t know where to turn? Or do you know someone who needs support? Through our dedicated Connecting Communities services and our wider network of independent living projects, The British Red Cross can help.
Our brand-new Connecting Communities service offers up to three months of support to suit you.
We help people feel better connected and enjoy the benefits of being more involved in their local community.
You’ll be paired up with one of our local team members. Together you will rediscover your interests, rebuild your independence and find new friends.
Our services are delivered by our skilled and dedicated volunteers and staff. They can draw on decades of experience in helping people to live independently and confidently in their communities.
Our support is also tailored. Everything we offer allows people to realise the things they want to achieve.
Find a service near you
We offer services in almost 40 areas across the UK from the north of Scotland to the west of Cornwall. These are the areas where we have identified particularly high levels of unmet need.
Contact your nearest service for more information:
- Blackpool: 01772 707 300, ConnectBlackpool@redcross.org.uk
- Blyth: 0191 273 7961, ConnectBlyth@redcross.org.uk
- Boston: 0345 054 7171, ConnectBoston@redcross.org.uk
- Camborne and Redruth: 01235 552 660, ConnectCornwall@redcross.org.uk
- Corby: 0345 054 7171, ConnectCorby@redcross.org.uk
- Luton: 01992 585 961, ConnectLuton@redcross.org.uk
- Durham: 0191 332 4194, ConnectDurham@redcross.org.uk
- Great Yarmouth: 0345 054 7171, ConnectYarmouth@redcross.org.uk
- Middlesbrough: 0191 273 7961, ConnectMiddlesbrough@redcross.org.uk
- Newcastle: 0191 273 7961, ConnectNewcastle@redcross.org.uk
- Nottingham: 0115 852 8023, ConnectNottingham@redcross.org.uk
- Oldham: 01772 707 300, ConnectOldham@redcross.org.uk
- Poole: 01235 552 660, ConnectPoole@redcross.org.uk
- Plymouth: 01235 552 660, ConnectPlymouth@redcross.org.uk
- Reading: 01235 552 660, ConnectReading@redcross.org.uk
- Rotherham: 0114 242 7382, ConnectRotherham@redcross.org.uk
- Southampton: 023 9289 4221, ConnectSouthampton@redcross.org.uk
- Stockport: 01772 707 300, ConnectStockport@redcross.org.uk
- Thanet: 01622 625 107, ConnectThanet@redcross.org.uk
- York: 01904 785 272, ConnectYork@redcross.org.uk
Call 020 8944 0246
Isle of Man
Connecting Communities is part of our UK-wide network of independent living services.
Each year these services provide time-limited support to thousands of people, many of whom are living with loneliness or social isolation.
Through services including support at home, mobility aids and transport support, our staff and volunteers ensure that people can live independently and confidently in their own homes and lead the life they choose and value.
Is your area not listed above? Contact us on 0300 456 1155 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5pm, standard call charges apply).