Moving house? Buy or donate used furniture and electrical items at a Red Cross charity shop near you.
Where is my nearest shop that sells used furniture or electrical items?
Find your nearest shop on the map at the bottom of this page.
Will you pick up my furniture and electrical donations?
It depends on your location and the items you wish to donate. Please search for your local Red Cross charity shop and contact them to find out if they can collect your furniture.
All your donations must be in good condition so that we can sell them.
What furniture and electrical items can I donate?
- Televisions, videos, hi-fi systems, DVD players and recorders.
- Small electrical appliances such as deep fat fryers, lamps, clock radios, games machines and hair straighteners.
- White electrical goods - fridges, freezers, washing machines, dishwashers.
- Electric cookers that are clean and have been tested by an electrician.
- Aids for people with disabilities including electric chairs and electric beds.
- Soft furnishings made pre-1950.
- A range of furniture including chairs, tables, sofas, futons, suites and footstools.
- Bed bases, headboards and mattresses with manufacturers’ labels stating 'Carelessness causes fire' and/or that the mattress complies with BS 7177 (a fire and safety regulation).
Are there any items you can’t accept?
We cannot sell…
- Gas appliances of any kind
- Electric fires and electric blankets
- Computer hard drives
- Mobility scooters
- Post-1950 furniture with soft furnishings that do not comply with safety regulations
- Bed bases, mattresses and headboards that do not have manufacturers’ labels stating that the mattress complies with BS 7177 (a fire and safety regulation).
What used furniture and appliances can I buy?
At our second-hand furniture and electrical shops you can usually find:
- dining furniture, tables and chairs
- soft furnishings
- bedroom furniture, including beds and mattresses
- living room furniture, including sofas
- televisions, videos, hi-fi systems, DVD players and recorders
- fridges, washing machines and other electrical appliances.
All the furniture and electrical items we sell comply with current health and safety standards.
Please search for a charity shop near you and contact them for information on opening times, what they have in stock and to ask if they can arrange a furniture collection.
View British Red Cross furniture shops in a larger map