Are you interested in helping others? Would you like to develop your current skills and pick up new ones? Would you like to make new friends and have fun at the same time? If your answer to these questions is “Yes!” then Inspired Action is for you. Register your interest to volunteer with the British Red Cross today.
By taking part in the Inspired Action volunteering project you will have the opportunity to:
- make a positive difference to people in your community
- receive training in leadership, assertiveness, confidence and negotiation
- receive training in disability equality
- influence the way the British Red Cross works with young people
- use your abilities and develop new skills
- gain valuable experience that will help you in the future
- improve your employability
- boost your CV or university application
- meet lots of people and make new friends.
And it won’t cost you anything – we pay your travel expenses.
Disabled young people especially welcome
We want to make sure that everyone takes part, because everyone has something to offer. If you have support needs due to a disability, we are committed, where possible, to setting up the right environment, equipment and support for you to join us.
Inspired Action is in partnership with Whizz-Kidz and funded by Spirit of 2012.
Register your interest
Choose a role to suit you
Sign up to become an Inspired Action volunteer and we’ll help you find an opportunity that is right for you. Alternatively you could sign up to promote the Red Cross as an ambassador, or you could apply for some money to start your own project. Find out more about all three opportunities below.
Become an Inspired Action volunteer
You can choose from a range of opportunities, including:
- working in one of our shops, turning donations into much-needed cash to fund our work
- helping an injured person at a festival as part of our event first aid team
- giving emergency help in a flood or fire as part of our emergency response team
- welcoming people with refugee status to the country
- organising and hosting a fundraising event.
Become an Inspired Action Ambassador
This means representing the Red Cross in your school, youth club, or university, and completing a series of fun activities to help us in our work. You can get a group of friends together to join in, and set up a group or society.
Apply for £150 to help people in your community
You and your friends can also apply for up to £150 to do a Social Action Project. You come up with an idea to help others in your community, and we help you make it a reality.
Register your interest for any of the above opportunities:
Register your interest
In the meantime have a look at all the different roles and opportunities already available in your area using the button below. Search for opportunities in your area (listed under “Location”) or if you already know what you want to get involved in, you can search by role, key words or role type.
- When you find a role to match your interest you can apply but make sure you select ‘placements’ then tick the Inspired Action box when you fill out the application form.
- When you have applied for a volunteer role, email email@example.com to let us know so we can make sure we have received your application.
- Search for volunteer roles
Need any help?
If you need help with the application process, or if you have any questions, call 0207 877 7246 during office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you.
Do you work with 15 to 25-year-olds?
We offer free, fun and inclusive workshops for groups of young people to consider the benefits of volunteering. Book your session by emailing email@example.com. We are interested in hearing from organisations that work with young people who might not typically access volunteering for any reason.
We will support your group in volunteering or social action.
Need more inspiration?
Here's what Inspired Action volunteers are saying:
- “What was great was that I could be flexible with my time commitment to my project and fit it around my school schedule.” Rianna, 16.
- “My communication skills have developed from my role. I saw myself as leader for the first time as I was able to share my ideas and my vision. I appreciate all the opportunities that are now open to me as a result of my time with Inspired Action.” Jack, 25.
- “Self- confidence is a huge thing that has improved from my role. What’s great is that you can be young and accomplish a lot as a volunteer.” Ellesse, 17.
- “I really enjoy providing a service for others. After six months of retail experience at the Red Cross a certificate of recognition is provided so this is something I’d like to work towards and be able to show to employers about my time at the Red Cross.” Awais, 25.