Information and guidance
We can signpost people to the relevant services and provide information and guidance to people in crisis.
Information services we provide
- Signposting to relevant local and national services and support.
- Support Line, refugee services, hire a wheelchair, health and restoring family links.
- Offering guidance to people affected by emergencies.
- Passing on relevant information from category 1 (the emergency services, local authorities, NHS bodies) and 2 responders (the Health and Safety Executive, transport and utility companies).
- Advising on next steps.
- priority service register.
- Advising on pet care.
Empowering service users
We signpost people to the help they need rather than referring them directly. We provide information about the resources available, so they can find the right support.
Our support in action
We provide information and guidance to help people recover after an emergency including floods, fires, terrorist attacks, human trafficking operations, health emergencies, utility disruptions and transport emergencies.
Whether it's a fire in a family home or a large-scale national emergency, you can contact us 24/7.