First aid courses
We offer courses for people at work, parents and anyone who wants to learn the simple skills needed to help in a first aid emergency.
The British Red Cross offers first aid training across the UK at more than 150 venues. We can even come to you if you have a group of up to 12 people. See all our first aid training venues.
Talk to an expert
If you're not sure where to start, call 0344 871 8000 to talk to an expert who can help with your training needs.
First aid courses for you
You can learn a range of skills on our courses designed for members of the public. These courses are not suitable if you need a first aid certificate but will give you skills to help in a first aid emergency.
First aid training for work
Get your team trained for first aid at work on a Red Cross course. Our interactive courses provide the practical skills and confidence to help save lives.
As an organisation you need to comply with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, which govern the provision of first aid by a business to their staff. The regulations apply to all workplaces, regardless of size.
- Practical, confidence-building first aid training
- Friendly group sessions of up to 12 people
- Flexible training solutions tailored to your needs
- Conveniently located UK training venues
- 99% customer satisfaction rating
- Courses based on the latest guidelines
- Emergency first aid at work. This one-day course is usually the minimum requirement in any workplace where a first aider is needed. This course is ideal for people working in low-hazard environments, such as a shop or office. It is also suitable for organisations whose first aid needs assessment has identified the need for somebody trained in emergency first aid.
- First aid at work. This three-day course is for people who may need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work. It includes training on specific injuries and illnesses that may have been identified in your first aid needs assessment.
- First aid at work requalification. This course is for anyone who wants to requalify and update the skills they previously learned on a first aid at work course, in order to renew their certificate and continue to act as a workplace first aider.
- First aid annual skills update. Our annual skills update course is perfect for people who want to refresh and update their first aid at work skills. The Health and Safety Executive recommends that workplace first aiders complete an update of their first aid skills once a year.
- First aid for appointed persons. This course is for workplaces that do not require a first aider but want an appointed person to have simple first aid skills.
- Paediatric first aid. This two-day course is for people who look after babies and children in any setting, including nannies, childminders, nursery workers and au pairs. It is recommended for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets the requirements for childcare registration.
- Emergency paediatric first aid. This one-day course is for newly qualified level two and three childcare staff who are beginning a career in an Early Years setting.
We also provide first aid training for:
- fire marshals
- people who require an introduction to safe moving and handling techniques
- people who have oxygen in their workplace for first aid purposes. (Please note that you must have an existing first aid certificate and provide an oxygen cylinder for this course.)
- people in a school environment, including teachers and other school staff
- mental wellbeing, based on the unique Red Cross psychosocial framework that helps people manage stress and build resilience at work.
Find out more about the courses for work that the Red Cross offers.