Support after Storm Arwen
The British Red Cross is providing useful information and emotional support to people affected by Storm Arwen.
Storm Arwen has wreaked havoc across northern England and Scotland since it struck on 26 November, leaving more than 150,000 homes without power.
The damage is thought to be the worst since 2005, with the Wear valley, Eastgate, north Northumberland, the north Peak District, Aberdeen and Perth worst affected.
Our Emergency Response volunteers have been responding to the needs of thousands of people who’ve been left without power.
We are working with relevant local authorities and Local Resilience Partnerships to support people in the hardest hit areas, providing water, hot water, food, torches and blankets and checking on vulnerable people.
Support and information
If you've been affected by Storm Arwen, call our free Support line on 0808 196 3651 for emotional support. You can also find other useful information on this page.
Power outage tracking sites
- Electricity North West
- Manx Utilities
- Northern Ireland Electricity Networks
- Northern Powergrid
- Scottish Southern Energy Networks (SSEN)
- SP Energy Networks
- UK Power Networks
What to do in a power outage
- Switch off all appliances that shouldn’t be left unattended, ready for when power is restored. You can leave a light on so you know once power is restored.
- Wrap up warm and close any windows or external doors
- Check to see if your neighbours are okay
- If you are on the Priority Services Register call the number you have been given
- Call 105 for more advice