How we support refugees
Our help for refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants
The British Red Cross is the UK’s largest provider of services for refugees, asylum seekers, vulnerable migrants and survivors of trafficking.
Our policy and advocacy work helps make sure people seeking protection in the UK are treated fairly and with dignity. You can stand with us for refugees by joining our Every Refugee Matters community.
As part of the international Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, we support people who are forced to flee their homes overseas.
Together, we help people find safe and legal routes to new countries and provide essential aid. We also support survivors of trafficking, as well as people who have come to the UK from Afghanistan and Ukraine.
To help refugees who need information on Covid-19, we worked with Doctors of the World and other organisations to produce information on coronavirus in 23 languages.
You can find out more below.
How can I help refugees and people seeking asylum?
Our work with refugees depends on the many people who support us:
- Sign our Every Refugee Matters pledge. We want to see a more compassionate way to support refugees. Stand with us.
- Take part in Miles for Refugees. This June, every mile counts. Take on a challenge and raise money to support people forced from their homes.
- Volunteer to help refugees. We need people with skills in casework, interpreting, administration and other areas.
- Use our teaching resources. Help your primary or secondary school students explore why people leave their homes, their experiences, and what makes us who we are.
- Buy products designed by refugees. All profits from this special collection of unique items go towards our work to supprot refugees.