British Red Cross charity shops can turn your unwanted clothes and other items into cash to help people in crisis in the UK and around the world.
Drop items off at a Red Cross charity shop in your area. Please don’t leave donations outside the shop when we are closed as they could be stolen or ruined by the weather.
Please contact your nearest charity shop if you:
- would like to enquire about a house collection or have a large donation
- are a company that would like to donate end-of-line, samples or surplus stock
All donations must be clean, useable and of saleable quality. If you wouldn’t buy it then we probably won’t be able to sell it! The better the quality of your items, the more money we can raise from their sale.
We are always looking for:
- Ladies, men’s and children’s clothing
- Accessories including: footwear, handbags, non-pierced jewellery and belts
- Homeware sets; cooking and dining
- Soft furnishings including curtains, cushion covers and linen
- Books and multimedia items like DVDs, CDs and vinyl
- Gift items
- New boxed electrical items, audio visual, cameras and computing products
We also welcome any old clothes or textiles that are no longer useable, as we can still raise money from them by selling to textile merchants.
Some shops can accept second-hand furniture and electrical equipment.
Find out more about our specialty shops.
We cannot sell anything that it would be unsafe for you to buy – anything that is broken, dangerous, unhygienic, where its safety cannot be proven or it would be illegal for us to sell. Please do not bring these items to us as we will have to incur costs for their disposal.
In particular, we can’t accept:
- medication, solvents, used dentures, jewellery for pierced body-parts and cosmetics
- food or drink, poisonous, toxic or hazardous substances, tobacco
- wheelchairs, bicycles, wheeled chair conveyances such as prams
- toys, nightwear or upholstered furniture items that don’t have the relevant safety labels
- firearms, ammunition, blades, weapons or realistic toy weapons
Click here to download our full list of prohibited items.
Please contact your local shop if you have any queries.
In the event of an emergency appeal, we gratefully welcome cash donations. Unfortunately we cannot send any donated items abroad.