Corporate services careers
Behind every great cause, there's an amazing team that makes everything possible.
With over 3,000 staff and 20,000 volunteers, the British Red Cross works across the UK, with a diverse group of people putting the power of kindness into action every day.
Central to our ability to support people in crisis is our corporate services. From IT to finance, marketing to HR, we have an inspiring group of experts whose work ensures we have the right people and systems in place to make a difference.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling career where you can build meaningful relationships and use your skills to have a direct impact on people’s lives, you’ve come to the right place.
See what our staff say
Elaine Boyd, people and learning support supervisor
What do you love about your role?
The people I work alongside share my values, and my managers are supportive and encouraging. Plus, there are no two days the same and I enjoy the variety and pace of the job.
What makes working for the British Red Cross special?
I'm proud to be part of an organisation that delivers so much help to people. We do this through a variety of services delivered by staff who are dedicated and passionate about their job.
What keeps you motivated?
It's knowing that if I can continue to improve the services we offer, then I feel I’ve played my small part in supporting the amazing work of the Red Cross.
What you get in return
As well as a rewarding career with a global charity, you'll get access to a wide range of enhanced benefits:
- Flexible working – Your work-life balance is important to us. We’ll do what we can to make sure you can work in a way which suits you and your lifestyle
- 36 days annual leave plus the chance to purchase 5 extra days leave – It’s time to refresh. We recognise the importance of plenty of time off to recharge
- Training and development opportunities – We want you to be the best you can be. We provide a range of courses and training opportunities to further your development
- Maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental and careers leave – Take the time you need to care for your loved ones
- Wellbeing support and advice helpline – Mental health matters. We want all our staff to know they have someone to talk to when they need it most
- Pension scheme – We want you to feel secure in the knowledge you can look forward to a comfortable, happy retirement
- Employee discounts – As a British Red Cross member of staff, you will be eligible for a Blue Light Card which offers discounts at various well-known shops, restaurants, and brands
- Cycle to work scheme – Hop on your bike and get active. Your physical health and wellbeing is important to us
- Season ticket loan – We’ll provide an interest free loan to spread out the cost of your commute to work
You can read our family friendly policies.
The British Red Cross does not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place which all staff and volunteers are bound by.
We are fully committed to promoting an environment in which all staff, volunteers and those we seek to help feel empowered to report any misconduct.