Health and social care careers
We put the people that need us at the heart of what we do.
Our health and social care team provides the support, care, and equipment that can make a vital difference to the quality of people’s lives, allowing them to continue living at home in comfort.
This work allows people to enjoy healthier, more fulfilling lives.
A career within the team can be rewarding and satisfying, providing extensive progression opportunities and allowing you to build meaningful relationships with both colleagues and service users.
See what our staff say
Linzi, community connector
What does your role involve?
As a community connector, I help reduce social isolation and loneliness for service users. This can range from simple things like attending coffee mornings to working to build confidence to leave the house.
What do you love about your role?
There’s nothing more rewarding than knowing you’ve made a positive difference to someone’s situation.
What you get in return
As well as a rewarding career with a global charity, you'll get access to a wide range of enhanced benefits:
- Flexible working – Your work-life balance is important to us. We’ll do what we can to make sure you can work in a way which suits you and your lifestyle
- 36 days annual leave plus the chance to purchase 5 extra days leave – It’s time to refresh. We recognise the importance of plenty of time off to recharge
- Training and development opportunities – We want you to be the best you can be. We provide a range of courses and training opportunities to further your development
- Maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental and careers leave – Take the time you need to care for your loved ones
- Wellbeing support and advice helpline – Mental health matters. We want all our staff to know they have someone to talk to when they need it most
- Pension scheme – We want you to feel secure in the knowledge you can look forward to a comfortable, happy retirement
- Employee discounts – As a British Red Cross member of staff, you will be eligible for a Blue Light Card which offers discounts at various well-known shops, restaurants, and brands
- Cycle to work scheme – Hop on your bike and get active. Your physical health and wellbeing is important to us
- Season ticket loan – We’ll provide an interest free loan to spread out the cost of your commute to work
You can read our family friendly policies.
The British Red Cross does not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place which all staff and volunteers are bound by.
We are fully committed to promoting an environment in which all staff, volunteers and those we seek to help feel empowered to report any misconduct.