BRITISH RED CROSS CHARITY SHOPS
Please check before visiting your local shop
Please note that some shops may be closed in line with government restrictions and opening hours may vary. Please call your local shop before travelling.
Please check if your local shop is open
Some of our shops are closed because of lockdown or other coronavirus restrictions. Please search to check if your local shop is open or temporarily closed. Here is a breakdown of shop openings by country:
- England: all shops are temporarily closed
- Wales: all shops are temporarily closed
- Northern Ireland: all shops are temporarily closed
- Scotland: all shops are temporarily closed
During this time, our shops may be open at different hours to normal and some may close for a few days due to local issues. Please call your local shop before visiting to check its opening hours so that we don’t miss you!
In line with current government restrictions for home nations, all customers and donors visiting our shops must please wear face coverings while in our stores.
We hope to see you soon. Your safety is our priority
Find a charity shop
Staying safe in our shops
The wellbeing of our customers, donors, staff and volunteers is, as always, our main priority. To ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit to our shops, we have introduced the following measures:
- Increased cleaning and hygiene practices. Hand sanitiser will be available to all customers and donors, and all surfaces will be regularly wiped down.
- An increased contactless payment limit of £45 (though we will still accept cash).
- Donations will be quarantined for 72 hours before being processed and put out for sale. All clothing and textiles will be steamed as normal.
- Two-metre physical distancing in all shops including the installation of till screen guards.
- Each shop will have a maximum number of people allowed in at any one time. We may ask you to wait outside but will welcome you into the shop as soon as it’s safe to do so.
- Our changing rooms are closed until further notice but please do try on your new garments in the comfort of your own home, and enjoy a 30-day refund period if they aren’t quite right for you.
- If you plan to drop off some donations, thank you! Please read our update on donating to your local shop.
- Some shops may run reduced trading days or hours. Please check the opening hours for your local shop before you visit.