Relief fund for UK victims of terrorism overseas

Get immediate financial help if you have been seriously injured or bereaved by terrorism overseas.

Get financial help if you are a victim of terrorism abroad 

If you are a victim of terrorism overseas, you may be able to get financial help from our fund. It gives you an immediate payment of £3,000 to help you recover in the aftermath of a terrorist incident. 

The grant is available to you if you ordinarily resident in the UK, and you are: 

  • Injured and hospitalised, normally from 12 hours or more, as a result of a suspected terrorist incident abroad.


  • Bereaved as a direct result of a suspected terrorist incident overseas. 

Contact the Crisis Response Team for more information

Long-term support from the UK government

The government gives long term financial support to victims of terrorism. It covers loss of earnings, compensations and expenses. 

The scheme is for people injured in incidents outside the UK on or after 27 November 2012.

For more information about this scheme, including who is eligible and how to apply, please visit the Ministry of Justice website.