Charity shop gift card
Terms and conditions
What can I use the British Red Cross Gift Card for?
- This gift card is for use in person at British Red Cross shops, and can only be redeemed in British Red Cross shops in the UK. It cannot be used for online or telephone purchases (including any purchases on the British Red Cross' online shop). The gift card cannot be used for any British Red Cross shops outside of the UK.
- The gift card cannot be redeemed for British Red Cross support, paid-for products or services. This includes wheelchair hire and first aid classes.
- The minimum load value is £5 and maximum load value is £100.
- The card cannot be topped up; it can only be issued/credited once and cannot be refunded or reloaded.
- Purchases made using a gift card balance are subject to our standard in-store refund policy, as is the purchase of the gift card itself.
- You can use a gift card, or more than one gift cards, as full or part-payment towards any UK in-store purchase or to make a donation within a British Red Cross shop in the UK whilst the gift card is valid. “Shop” includes British Red Cross physical shops, and it can’t be spent online or by telephone.
- The gift card must be presented at the till in a British Red Cross shop in the UK. The amount redeemed from a gift card and the balance remaining on it will be shown on the till receipt, which you should keep. It is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card and no interest is paid on card balances.
- You can also ask a member of staff to check your balance for you at the till without making a purchase.
- The gift card is valid for a period of 24 months from the date it was issued, after which time it cannot be redeemed, and any unused balance on the card will be permanently lost, and treated as a donation to the British Red Cross.
- The British Red Cross has no liability for lost or stolen gift card or any credit amounts on such cards, and we can’t offer cash or credit in place of the balance on a lost or stolen gift card.
- If you don’t redeem the entire value of the gift card in a transaction, the balance will remain on your gift card until it is used again or until it expires. We won’t give change, nor will we exchange the balance for cash.
- The card cannot be exchanged for cash and has no cash equivalent value.
- If you have any problems using your card, or questions about your card, or if you have any complaints, please email us on: email@example.com
- Gift cards are issued by The British Red Cross Society, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, registered as a charity in England and Wales (220949), Scotland (SC037738), Isle of Man (0752), Jersey (430) and Guernsey (CH142) whose national headquarters is at 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL ; and Britcross Ltd, registered as a company in England and Wales (00932598) (collectively ‘British Red Cross’) having its registered address at 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL. VAT number is 706 9262 27.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- Purchase and use of the gift card will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- The British Red Cross has no liability for any default resulting directly or indirectly from any cause beyond our reasonable control, such as the failure of network services and/or the failure of payment or processing systems. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions or warranties implied by law, statue or otherwise are expressly excluded.