Coronavirus staff and volunteer information
This page contains information for British Red Cross staff and volunteers during the coronavirus outbreak. It will be updated regularly.
This page covers the Red Cross’ position and gives staff and volunteers all the information you need to know in one place.
You can find information on working from home and what to do if you are self-isolating, including links to log into our systems.
There's also information on new training for volunteers and contact links if you need IT support.
Last updated: 3pm, Friday 22 May
Are you a volunteer who has been affected by coronavirus? We need to know.
Please fill in our form to let us know whether you are ill, self-isolating or feeling better.
Are you a volunteer and need someone to talk to?
We have a dedicated line to support our volunteers during the coronavirus pandemic.
If you want to get help, have questions about your welfare or just want a chat after a difficult shift, please get in touch.
Call: 0808 1963 652
(Calls may be recorded for your safety)
Our new volunteer website
If you’re a British Red Cross volunteer, you need to log on to our new volunteer portal, Assemble.
To log in, follow the link above, click “forgotten password”, and follow the instructions on screen. You can only log in if you’re over 18, are a regular volunteer and have completed our full volunteer registration process.
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com
New coronavirus pre-deployment training
This training was designed by the British Red Cross for people who are going to be deployed to support our response to the coronavirus.
It tells you what you need to know and do in preparation for deployment, with key information on looking after yourselves and others.
The content of this course will be constantly updated to reflect the latest changes and government advice.
This course should take you around 30 minutes to complete.
Working from home
Below, we set out the processes for accessing our My Apps and Microsoft Authenticator tools for staff and volunteers.
Log in to My Apps portal
You can use the My Apps portal to:
- send and receive emails
- visit RedRoom
- visit MySupport for support from IT and SSC
- access Office365
- access SAVi Self Service
- access Agresso to submit expenses
- use Your Learning Platform for learning and development
- book travel and accommodation on Diversity Travel.
Staff and volunteers
The first time you log in outside of an office, you'll need a smartphone or tablet, as well as a laptop or computer.
- Download the 'Microsoft Authenticator’ app to your smartphone/tablet.
- Go to https://myapps.microsoft.com on your laptop/computer.
- Enter your username and password on your laptop/computer.
- Follow the instructions on your laptop/computer and the Microsoft Authenticator app to set up your British Red Cross account in Authenticator.
Connect to Citrix
From a British Red Cross laptop
- Download the 'OneLogin Protect' app to your smartphone/tablet
- Click on the Storefront icon on your desktop
- You’ll be redirected to the OneLogin portal, enter your username and password
- Follow the instructions on the 'OneLogin Protect' app to pair your smartphone/tablet to your OneLogin account
- Click Send OTP on the app or enter the code manually on your device
- Go back to the Storefront, you should now be logged in
From a personal laptop
- Follow the instructions from the staff log in to OneLogin portal above
- Click on the Citrix icon on the OneLogin portal
- Select the drop down next to your name in the top right hand corner of the Citrix Storefront screen
- Select Change Citrix Receiver
- Click Use Citrix Light Receiver
- On the Citrix Storefront screen click on your desktop. Citrix will now launch in a new tab on your browser and you will have access to your virtual desktop
Help and support
If you're having problems with OneLogin or Citrix, contact MySupport.
If you or someone you know needs help:
- Find out how to get help during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Find out how the British Red Cross is helping people through crisis.