Edinburgh Marathon Festival
Join Team Red Cross in Scotland's biggest running festival
25 May 2024 to 26 May 2024
- Registration fee:
- Half Marathon: £29 Full Marathon: £39
- Sponsorship target:
- Half Marathon: £400 Full Marathon: £500
- Minimum age:
- Half Marathon: 17 years or older Full Marathon: 18 years or older
For all enquiries, please get in touch with the Events team at Challenges@redcross.org.uk
Why take part in the Edinburgh Marathon Festival?
- The route showcases Scotland's capital city, passing iconic sights including the Scott Monument, Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile
- It is one of fastest marathon routes, with a descent of 90 metres to the finish line
- With over 16,000 people taking part, it truly is an unforgettable and rewarding experience
- You’ll be supporting our vital work helping people in crisis in the UK and overseas
Why run with the British Red Cross?
We help people in the UK and across the world get the support they need in an emergency. By joining Team Red Cross, you'll be raising funds for this important work.
As part of our Team, we'll be on hand to support you throughout your event.
Join Team Red Cross and get:
We'll support you with training plans and fundraising materials.
- A running vest
Show your support by wearing a British Red Cross running vest
We'll make sure you're kept up to date about the impact your fundraising has on the work we do.
It was an honour to be part of #TeamRedCross; knowing how much they support so many people in need was the perfect incentive to keep running!Becky – 2022 Team Red Cross runner
Already got a place?
If you already have your own place in the Edinburgh Running Festival then you can still be part of Team Red Cross. You’ll receive the same support as all other team members but you won’t have a fundraising target to reach – just raise as much as you can!
Have a question?
Learn more about the event including how to fundraise and prepare