Advice for writing a will
Download our Will Planner, find out how to include a charitable donation and to make simple changes to your will.
Planning your will
Making your will may seem complicated, but with our Will Planner it’s simple and easy, as is including a gift in your will to the British Red Cross.
- Work out the value of your estate.
- Decide who you’d like to provide for.
- If you have dependent children, choose guardians.
- Choose your executors.
- Make notes of any questions
Download your free and simple Will Planner, print it off, fill it out and take it with you to your solicitor appointment.
How to include a charitable gift
If you would like to include a gift in your will to the British Red Cross, there are three ways you can do this:
- Share of your estate (residuary gift) - you can choose any size percentage that is left over from your estate, once your friends and family have been provided for.
- Cash gift (pecuniary gift) - this can be a gift of a set amount you choose.
- Specific item - this can be anything from furniture, jewellery or even property.
Making simple changes to your will
To make simple changes to your will you can use an easy codicil form. A codicil form is a way to add a gift to the British Red Cross if you have already made your will.