Collect for us
A little of your time can make a world of difference
We have made the difficult but necessary decision to postpone all planned public collections activity this year. This comes after carefully considering the risks of Covid-19 (coronavirus) on the health, safety and well-being of our amazing volunteer collectors and generous donors.
While we may not stand on the street, we invite you to set up a virtual collection, in the comfort of your own home!
Our collectors are amazing. They give up their time to help raise money for people in crisis.
A few hours of your time could raise enough cash to change people’s lives. For example:
- £5 could buy a food parcel in Mongolia
- £8 could buy three mosquito nets in Sierra Leone
- £10 could buy 30 foil blankets for people in crisis in the UK
- £20 could help buy emergency food supplies for a family of 4 during a crisis in the UK
There are British Red Cross collections all year. Register to become a collector today and your local fundraiser will be in touch.
Tips for collectors
Shaking a bucket to help raise funds? These tips will help:
- Smile! Show you’re proud to help the British Red Cross and watch the coins roll in.
- Dress in red. Stand out from the crowd and you’ll get more donations.
- Make sure your British Red Cross bucket label is visible. People want to know which charity they’re supporting.
You can still help collect vital spare change if you are short on spare time
If life is really busy, you can still collect for the British Red Cross and help people in crisis.
You can adopt a British Red Cross collection can to put in your office, or you could ask a local restaurant or shop to have one on their counter.