Face to face workshop bookings
Group education in the community
Learn about face-to-face sessions of our community workshops and find out if they are available in your area. Booking is available for eligible adult and youth groups.
Face-to-face sessions of our Community Education workshops allow our educators to work in person with groups in the community. Covering humanitarian, first aid and wellbeing topics, the workshops aim to support personal development and build resilience.
On this page you can find out more about who is eligible for a face-to-face session, and request a booking.
What is a face-to-face session?
The face-to-face session involves one of the British Red Cross educators travelling to meet a group at their chosen location and delivering the workshop in person. During the session the group will take part in activities and there will be a chance to discuss the topic together.
Face-to-face sessions at a glance:
- only available in certain areas of the UK
- eligible for adult groups (ages 19+)
- eligible for youth groups (ages 10 to 19)
- 60-to-90 minute sessions
- delivered by experienced educator
- suitable location chosen by the group
- no cost to users
Availability of face-to-face
Before applying please be aware availability of face-to-face sessions are limited. You may want to consider:
- How would your group benefit from a face-to-face session? We work with groups in a suitable venue of their choice and look to support those most in need of our help.
- Am I part of a group or an individual? Face-to-face is only available for adults (ages 19+) or youth groups ( ages 10- to 18). Online and telephone workshops are available for individuals.
- Is there an educator active in my area? While we are working hard to ensure as many people in need can access our workshops, we can only provide face-to-face delivery where an educator is currently based.
- Do I want to book a first aid workshop for my workplace? Our First Aid workshops do not meet workplace requirements. For accredited first aid courses, please visit British Red Cross training.
To find out more about eligibility, please contact our team directly, RedCrossEducation@Redcross.org.uk or call 0344 412 2734.
Community Education workshops
If you aren't able to attend a face-to-face session, you can take part in a workshop online or over the telephone. All our workshops follow the same structure and contain the same activities, though these are slightly adapted for the type of delivery. Find out more about the workshop topics and other types of delivery.
Booking a face-to-face session
To check availability and request a booking for a face-to-face session:
- Find the educator for your area
- Click on the link
- Fill out the request form
If you have any difficulties making a booking, or want to speak to our team about the face-to-face sessions, please get in touch at RedCrossEducation@Redcross.org.uk or call 0344 412 2734.