Education and training careers
Make a big difference by helping people to make the most of their talents.
We’re committed to providing our staff and volunteers with the knowledge, skills, and opportunities that allow them to better support people in crisis.
This ethos is reflected within all of our education and training teams:
- Our learning and development team ensures every staff member is equipped to use our systems and feels fully supported in their role
- Our first aid training team helps people learn lifesaving first aid skills
- Our humanitarian education team equips young people and adults with the knowledge and skills to make sense of the world around them and to act in the right way at the right time.
See what our staff say
Anne-Marie Allen, co-ordinator for youth education
What do you love about your role?
My favourite thing about my work is the young people themselves. Children and young people love learning first aid because it is so interactive and hands on.
What keeps you motivated?
I really value having a meaningful impact on their lives by providing young people with fundamental skills to save a life. I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly they grasp our educational content, showing that they have the confidence and willingness to act in a crisis.
What you get in return
As well as a rewarding career with a global charity, you'll get access to a wide range of enhanced benefits:
- Flexible working – Your work-life balance is important to us. We’ll do what we can to make sure you can work in a way which suits you and your lifestyle
- 36 days annual leave plus the chance to purchase 5 extra days leave – It’s time to refresh. We recognise the importance of plenty of time off to recharge
- Training and development opportunities – We want you to be the best you can be. We provide a range of courses and training opportunities to further your development
- Maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental and careers leave – Take the time you need to care for your loved ones
- Wellbeing support and advice helpline – Mental health matters. We want all our staff to know they have someone to talk to when they need it most
- Pension scheme – We want you to feel secure in the knowledge you can look forward to a comfortable, happy retirement
- Employee discounts – As a British Red Cross member of staff, you will be eligible for a Blue Light Card which offers discounts at various well-known shops, restaurants, and brands
- Cycle to work scheme – Hop on your bike and get active. Your physical health and wellbeing is important to us
- Season ticket loan – We’ll provide an interest free loan to spread out the cost of your commute to work
You can read our family friendly policies.
The British Red Cross does not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place which all staff and volunteers are bound by.
We are fully committed to promoting an environment in which all staff, volunteers and those we seek to help feel empowered to report any misconduct.