Help people get a wheelchair
Can you donate a few hours of your time to help provide wheelchairs to people in your area?
Use of a short-term wheelchair can help speed up someone’s recovery time, improve their mental health and wellbeing, and stop them being socially isolated.
Whether our volunteers are at our local outlets, central warehouses or mobile pop-ups, they are vital in helping people access a wheelchair in their community.
We need your help to keep providing this service. Could you spare a few hours every week to help people near you who need a wheelchair?
Types of volunteer roles
We have a variety of roles available:
My dad was diagnosed with stage four cancer and was advised he only had two weeks to live.
You were the only team to offer me help to enable my family to enjoy what little time we had left not confined to the house.
My dad lasted five weeks, but very much enjoyed the outdoors in his new ride. Thank you.
Customer service volunteer
Our customer service volunteers are based in various local outlets across the country, helping provide wheelchairs to the public in their local communities.
They perform various activities, including:
- issuing and receiving wheelchairs using our control system
- accepting and processing payments and donations.
Our driver volunteers deliver and collect wheelchairs from local outlets, people's homes and designated mobile pop-up locations across specific regions.
They also issue and receive wheelchairs using our control system and accept and process payments and donations.
Our warehouse volunteers clean, service and maintain our stock of wheelchairs and other mobility equipment.
Our lead volunteers provide support to new and established mobility aids volunteers.
This leadership role includes:
- delivering inductions to new volunteers
- coordination of rotas
- briefing any updates to other volunteers.
What we can offer you
Volunteering will give you the chance to:
- meet new people in a friendly team
- develop your existing skills and gain new ones
- help people in need within your local area.
What you can expect
- We’ll give you all the training and support to carry out your role
- We’ll refund you any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
- You will need to be available on a regular basis.