Support people to live independently
Volunteer to help people settle back home after a hospital stay and to feel confident living independently.
Our independent living volunteers offer practical and emotional support to help people live well in their own homes.
Spare just a couple of hours a week and you’ll make a big difference to people in your local area. And you’ll meet new people and gain new skills too.
From helping people settle back home after a hospital stay to offering a bit of extra help to those who need it, our volunteers help people to feel confident living independently.
You could be helping with practical tasks like picking up prescriptions, or helping people reconnect to their communities by suggesting social activities or accompanying on trips out. It could be as simple as a cup of tea and a chat.
What you can expect
You could help with:
- transporting people home from hospital and helping them get settled
- practical tasks like collecting prescriptions, shopping and filling out forms
- companionship and helping people reconnect with their communities.
What we can offer you
Volunteering in your area will give you the chance to:
- meet new people
- learn new skills and gain valuable experience
- make a big difference to people in your community.
We’ll pay your expenses and provide you with full training and support.
Apply for a role
Search for the role title 'independent living' on our volunteer recruitment website to see if there are vacancies in your area.