Lake District 5 and 10 Peak Challenge
Conquer 5 or 10 peaks around the fabulous Coledale Horseshoe in the Lake District.
10 July 2021
- Registration fee:
- Sponsorship target:
- Minimum age:
- 16 (participants aged 16 - 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times)
- Approximate duration:
- 7 - 9 hours
For all enquiries, please contact Kerry Threadgill by email at KThreadgill@redcross.org.uk or by phone on 07718 244547
About the event
We’re delighted to be working with Adventure Trails to deliver this exciting micro event for a group of 26 people. Perfect for those wanting to get outdoors in 2021 but would feel more comfortable taking part in events with smaller groups of people.
If you’re looking for a peaks challenge that is off the beaten track, this is for you. Whether you choose to conquer 5 or 10 peaks, you’ll be taking on routes that offer some of the finest ridge walking in the Lake District.
For the 5 peaks challenge, you’ll take in the following summits:
Barrow (1493ft), Outerside (1535ft), Sail (2536ft), Crag Hill (2753ft) and Grisedale Pike (2592ft).
Total distance: 8.5m / 13.5km
For the 10 peaks challenge, you’ll take in the following summits:
Barrow (1493ft), Outerside (1535ft), Causey Pike (2089ft), Scar Crags (2204ft), Sail (2536ft), Crag Hill (2752ft), Wandrope (2535ft), Grasmoor (852ft), Hopegill Head (2562ft) and Grisedale Head (2592ft).
Total distance: 13m / 21km
Why join Team Red Cross?
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world get the support they need if crisis strikes. We’re part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and we believe in the power of kindness. Every step you take and every pound you raise will help to fund this work.
As part of Team Red Cross you will be supported throughout your event preparation. Your local Red Cross fundraiser will be on hand to encourage you with your fundraising, answer any questions you have and to thank you for all of your hard work.
As part of Team Red Cross you will receive:
- access to our exclusive online fundraising pages with tips and advice to help you reach your sponsorship target
- dedicated support, including training advice
- a British Red Cross t-shirt (upon hitting your sponsorship target four weeks before the event)
- updates on the work of the British Red Cross in the UK and overseas.
- an invitation to join a Red Cross challenge event Facebook group and be part of our events community!
What you will receive from Adventure Trails:
- an experienced team leading the event and looking after you on the day
- knowledge and insight on mountain scape and history
- pre-event zoom call to answer your questions and a chance to say hello to your fellow event participants
- the best advice about what about kit you may need
- first aid support at the event
- pre & post event photo opportunities.
Both route options are fully guided and supported by experienced mountain leaders and first aiders.