The Helvellyn Half Dozen
Take on an 18 km horse-shoe hike from Glenridding on the shores of Ullswater
18 September 2021
- Registration Fee:
- Sponsorship Target:
- Start time:
- 9am (approximate duration 6-7 hours)
- Minimum age:
For all enquiries, please get in touch with Cara Munrow at CMunrow@redcross.org.uk or by phone on 01785279855
New for 2021!
What you get from us
- Amazing support from your local Red Cross fundraiser to help you with raising your sponsorship.
- Comprehensive fundraising pack with tips and ideas to help.
- Red Cross t-shirt (upon hitting sponsorship target 4 weeks before event).
- Red Cross certificate for all walkers.
- Invitation to join a Red Cross challenge event Facebook group and be part of our events community!
What you get from Adventure Trails
- An experienced team leading the event and looking after you on the day.
- Knowledge and insight on mountain scape and history across the area you will be exploring.
- Pre-event zoom call to answer your questions and a chance to say hello to your fellow event participants.
- The best advice about what about kit you may need.
- First Aid support at the event.
This event is fully guided and supported by experienced mountain leaders and first aiders.
What is the Helvellyn half dozen?
We’re delighted to be working with Adventure Trails to offer this exciting micro event for a group of 26 people. This is a big challenge which will get your heart rate up and your leg muscles burning! It will be worth it as you will be rewarded with perhaps the best views over the whole of the Lake District.
From Glenridding we walk past the picturesque Lantys Tarn before heading via Grisedale Valley, to Grisedale Tarn. We then traverse a large section of the Helvellyn Range “bagging” half a dozen of the Lakeland peaks, all over 2800ft, all Wainwrights!
We get to look down and over the dramatic Striding and Swirral Edges before heading back down via Keppel Cove.
The Helvellyn ‘Half Dozen’ peaks are:
Dollywaggon Pike, 858m, 2814ft
High Crag, 884m, 2900ft
Nethermost Pike, 891m, 2923ft
Helvellyn, 950m, 3116ft
Lower Man, 925m, 3034ft
Whiteside, 863m, 2831ft