Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
Take on this fantastic and challenging 24-mile walk in the three peaks of Pen-y-ghent (691m), Whernside (728m) and Ingleborough (723m).
24 July 2021
- Registration fee:
- £7.50 (Original price £15)
- Sponsorship target:
- Minimum age:
- 16 years old and over
For all enquiries, please get in touch with Kerry Threadgill by email at KThreadgill@redcross.org.uk or by phone on 07718 244547
Sign up now!
Sign up now for £7.50 and raise a sponsorship target of £100.
50% off challenge event registration fees, for a limited time only!
- It’s a supported, circular, day trek. The average walker usually takes between 10 and 12 hours to complete.
- Accommodation list, training guide and equipment list will be sent on sign up.
Address: The Village Hall, Chapel Lane, Horton-in-Ribblesdale, Settle BD24 0HA (if using GoogleMaps please search for Horton in Ribblesdale Village Hall).
Buy a place as a gift!
Looking for the perfect gift? You can now buy a place for this incredible challenge as a gift and surprise a loved one with an experience they will never forget!
We’ll send you a printable gift voucher so your lucky giftee will have all the details about the event.
Redeeming a gift?
Fill out your details here to confirm your place.
Take on the world famous Yorkshire 3 Peaks!
The Yorkshire 3 Peaks (Y3P) is 24.5 mile (39.2km) circular trek in the stunning countryside of the Yorkshire Dales. It’s on the bucket lists of so many walkers, both in the UK and overseas, and they come from far and wide to complete the challenge in some of the very best scenery the UK has to offer.
It is a big challenge, but by walking with the Red Cross, you will be both in the wilderness of the Yorkshire Dales and well looked after as part of a supported walk. Our team of marshals, sweepers and volunteers are there to help you achieve your goals – opening up the challenge to non-experienced walkers.
It’s ideal for both groups and individuals – you’ll make so many friends with fellow walkers – and groups. It’s a fantastic team-building exercise and hugely rewarding whether you manage to complete one, two or all three peaks.
What you get from us:
- Unique Red Cross Yorkshire Three Peaks medal and certificates for all walkers
- Red Cross t-shirt upon reaching £100 target (sent 4-6 weeks before event)
- an experienced events team organising the best Y3P for you
- support from your local Red Cross to help you with raising your sponsorship
- comprehensive fundraising pack with tips and ideas to help, written by people who have done it themselves
- training advice, kit and accommodation advice
- checkpoints, marshals, sweepers, first aid cover on route
- water, cereal bars and fruit at mile 10 and 16
- full radio communications coverage amongst the support team
- village hall for registration and post-race reception and refreshments
- dedicated car parking at the start/finish for Red Cross Y3P walkers.
What’s it like?
The scenery is amazing, whatever the weather (and we had all sorts!). What an amazing sense of achievement when we finished after 11 hours... We’d never walked anywhere near that far before. It was so well supported by the Red Cross team, so we could achieve our goal. And what a fabulous reception we got at the end from the super lovely Red Cross staff and volunteers. I’ll be wearing my medal all week!Diane Smith 2017 The Red Cross Yorkshire 3 Peaks event is organised accordance with the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority Code of Conduct.
Please note: if this event is cancelled or postponed in 2021 due to Covid-19, we will give you the option to defer your place to a future date or transfer to our Virtual 3 Peaks Challenge (24-25 July 2021). If deferring or transferring your place isn’t an option, we will provide you with a full refund of your registration fee. You will also have the option to donate your registration fee to us if you wish (non-refundable).