Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
Take on this fantastic and challenging 24-mile walk in the three peaks of Pen-y-ghent (691m), Whernside (728m) and Ingleborough (723m).
25 July 2020
- Registration fee:
- Early bird £10.00
- Sponsorship target:
- Minimum age:
- 16 years old and over
For all enquiries, please get in touch with Helen Whale by email at HWhale@redcross.org.uk or by phone on 0113 201 5256
Early bird offer!
Sign up now for £10 and raise a sponsorship target of £100. Early bird registration open until 31 August only – price will increase to £15 on 1 September.
- It’s a supported, circular, day trek. The average walker usually takes between 10 and 12 hours to complete.
- Accommodation list, training guide and equipment list will be sent on sign up.
- You will be supported throughout your event participation by our dedicated fundraising team.
Address: The Village Hall, Chapel Lane, Horton-in-Ribblesdale, Settle BD24 0HH
Take on the world famous Yorkshire 3 Peaks!
The Yorkshire 3 Peaks (Y3P) is 24.5 mile (39.2km) circular trek in the stunning countryside of the Yorkshire Dales. It’s on the bucket lists of so many walkers, both in the UK and overseas, and they come from far and wide to complete the challenge in some of the very best scenery the UK has to offer.
Sign up now – in 2019 we were SOLD OUT by March!
It is a big challenge, but by walking with the Red Cross, you will be both in the wilderness of the Yorkshire Dales and well looked after as part of a supported walk. Our team of marshals, sweepers and volunteers are there to help you achieve your goals – opening up the challenge to non-experienced walkers.
It’s ideal for both groups and individuals – you’ll make so many friends with fellow walkers – and groups. It’s a fantastic team-building exercise and hugely rewarding whether you manage to complete one, two or all three peaks.
What you get from us:
- an experienced events team organising the best Y3P for you
- support from your local Red Cross to help you with raising your sponsorship
- comprehensive fundraising pack with tips and ideas to help, written by people who have done it themselves
- training advice, kit and accommodation advice
- unique Red Cross Y3P medal and certificates for all walkers
- checkpoints, marshals, sweepers, first aid cover on route
- water, cereal bars and fruit at mile 10 and 16
- full radio communications coverage amongst the support team
- village hall for registration and post-race reception and refreshments
- dedicated car parking at the start/finish for Red Cross Y3P walkers.
What’s it like?
The scenery is amazing, whatever the weather (and we had all sorts!). What an amazing sense of achievement when we finished after 11 hours... We’d never walked anywhere near that far before. It was so well supported by the Red Cross team, so we could achieve our goal. And what a fabulous reception we got at the end from the super lovely Red Cross staff and volunteers. I’ll be wearing my medal all week!Diane Smith 2017 The Red Cross Yorkshire 3 Peaks event is organised accordance with the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority Code of Conduct.