Extreme summer weather
Discuss extreme weather around the world and being prepared.
- 11 - 16
- Lesson plan
- PSHE, Tutor time
- Disasters and emergencies, Newsthink
The summer of 2018 saw examples of extreme weather around the world, from wildfires and droughts, to flooding and typhoons. This activity looks back at the extreme weather events of the summer and considers what we could do to better prepare ourselves to cope with and respond to such changes in our weather.
- review recent examples of extreme weather around the world
- consider how people can adapt to changing weather
- discuss aspects of an evacuation plan in an emergency
- think about what they would take with them if they had to leave in a hurry.
1. A summer of extremes: Discussion activity
Review examples of extreme summer weather around the world, and discuss aspects of an evacuation plan.
2. Leaving in a hurry: Discussion activity
Learners consider what they would need to take with them in an emergency.
This resource was written by Rob Bowden and Rosie Wilson of Lifeworlds Learning and published in September 2018.
The image of a house threatened by a wildfire in Greece 2018 © Valerie Gache/Getty Images.