The Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The host of the Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz and promoter of these competitions is the British Red Cross Society (incorporated by Royal Charter 1908 and a registered charity in England and Wales (220949), Scotland (SC037738) and Isle of Man (0752) whose registered U.K. office is at: 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is offering those who participate in the Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz, to be held at 7 pm BST on the 11 April 2021, the opportunity to enter the following competitions:
A. Jason Isaacs Zoom Quiz – The first 30 participants to donate £100 to the British Red Cross will be entered into a draw to win a Zoom Quiz with Jason Isaacs. The Zoom Quiz will be a 60 mins Zoom call with Jason Isaacs in which Jason Isaacs will host a quiz for up to 6 people chosen by the winner, the questions and date of the quiz to be chosen by Jason Isaacs. The winner will be selected at random.
B. Jason Isaacs Virtual Chat – The first 50 participants to donate £20 will be entered into a draw to have a virtual chat with Jason Isaacs. Whoever wins will be called by Jason Isaacs following the end of quiz via the telephone number supplied in the question box on Tiltify. The winner will be selected at random.
C. Jason Isaacs Q&A – The first 100 participants to donate £5 to the British Red Cross Society will be entered into a draw to win the opportunity of asking Jason Isaacs a question. To submit your question please enter this into the Tiltify question box function by 7.50pm during the event; please note that for a valid entry your question must not be offensive or derogatory in line with the conditions of entry below. The winner will be selected at random.
D. Milestone Rewards – All participants who donate to British Red Cross Society will be entered into a draw to win the following prizes: 2 x Tickets for Jacobite Steam Train https://westcoastrailways.co.uk/jacobite/steam-train-trip or Wizard Afternoon Tea and stay at the Georgian House Hotel, Pimlico for 2 People https://georgianhousehotel.co.uk/wizard-experiences/, at the choice of the British Red Cross Society. The winners will be those whose donations enable the British Red Cross Society to pass a funding Milestone, as confirmed by the Tiltify platform. The specific funding Milestones for this purpose shall be determined by the Promoter and communicated to all participants during the event and in advance of selection of a winner.
E. Bonus Question – All participants will be asked a Bonus Question during the event and can enter a draw to win Warner Bros Family tickets for 4 people by sending their answer by email and including their Tiltify account name to GetFundraising@redcross.org.uk The winner will be the sender of the first correct email received at that address, as determined by the Promoter.
F. Social Media Fancy Dress – All participants who, during the event, share a picture on BRC social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or TikTok using #britishredcross or @britishredcross, under the same handle they are using on Tiltify or otherwise clearly displaying said handle on the picture, shall be entered into a draw to win one of the following prizes: Tour for Muggles (Harry Potter walking tour) 2 pairs for 2 tickets https://www.tourformuggles.com/ or House of Spells £100 voucher redeemable at House of Spells https://houseofspells.co.uk/collections/harry-potter-mugs-and-coasters. Entrants must share their picture before 7.40pm during the event. The winner for each prize will be selected at random.
3. For these purposes participation means attendance for the duration of the quiz through a Tiltify account. All donations to the British Red Cross Society as part of these competitions must be made during the Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz event through the Tiltify platform, as evidenced by the Tiltify platform where competition winners are selected randomly selection will be made by using a computer process that produces verifiably random results from all valid entries received and verified by Promoter and/or its agents (unless otherwise stated on in the competition terms).
4. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute each prize with another prize of equal or greater value. The prizes are not transferable, are non-refundable and are subject to availability. Whether Jason Isaacs will contribute to your prize shall be conditional on his willingness and availability to do so and the Promoter shall determine an appropriate non-cash substitute prize if you do not receive this prize.
5. By entering each promotion held during the Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and acknowledge the following conditions of entry:
• All entries to competitions must be made during the Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz event to be valid.
• Entrants must be aged 18 years or over and be able to evidence this to the Promoter.
• If you are not a UK resident, you will be able to participate in the quiz but not be able to enter the competitions.
• Prizes can only be delivered: via Tiltify, email or a Zoom account, or to a valid UK address, depending on the prize on question.
• One entry is allowed per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified.
• Incomplete, illegible, misdirected, or late entries will not be accepted. Entries after the event has ended will not be counted. It is your responsibility to ensure you are the Tiltify account holder when making the entry through the Tiltify platform. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
• Internet access, an account on the Tiltify platform, social media channels, an email and means of making payment on the same will be required if you wish to enter all competitions.
• Your participation in the event must at no point be derogatory or offensive, or otherwise contrary to the British Red Cross Society's requirements for your comments to be inclusive, kind and polite.
6. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the competition. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoters decisions. The British Red Cross reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and to withhold any prize from them if it has reasonable grounds to believe the player has breached any of these terms and conditions.
7. All winners of competitions will be selected by the end of the Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz event.
8. The winning entrants will be notified of their selection via email to the account from which the registration on Tiltify was made (as such it is up to the winner to ensure they are the account holder and have full access rights to the account from which the entry is submitted). Where applicable they will be asked to provide their contact details to the provider of their prize (the operator of the Jacobite Steam Train, Georgian House Hotel, Tour for Muggles or House of Spells) for the purposes of carrying out booking and delivery of their prize. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way to any winner who cannot agree booking and delivery of a prize or thereafter make use of their prize.
9. If a competition winner fails to respond or agree a relevant date within two (2) working days of the Promoter's email notifying them, or is disqualified, a re-selection will take place of a replacement winner. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
10. All entrants are solely responsible for providing the British Red Cross with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and the British Red Cross is not liable in any way for failure or inability to contact any entrant due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided.
11. The British Red Cross will not be liable to any entrant for any loss or damage suffered or arising from any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by the British Red Cross.
12. Jason Isaacs and the Promoter may announce the Tiltify handle of a winning entrant during the event, and the Promoter may publish or make available said handle in the future to indicate that a valid award took place and as part of its publicity material. An entrant may object to such use of their Tiltify handle with their entry or after the event if they do not wish their information to be shared in this way.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by a third party connected to this competition.
14. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind.
15. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or cancel, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
16. Nothing in these terms excludes the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability that the Promoter may not exclude by law. Subject to that, the Promoter and its associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, including any loss incurred as a result of any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
i. technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the promotion or receipt of a prize;
ii. any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
iii. any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
iv. any other events beyond the Promoter's control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.